Creating custom questions for supporters
When registering for your fundraising campaigns, supporters will have to provide information about themselves. Within the registration tab you can see the basic information we collect (name, email, address etc.). You can also choose to collect custom information about your supporters. To do this you need to create a custom question for your registration form. All of the information you collect is then available for export.
How to create a custom question
Step 1 - Navigate to your registration form setup. Fundraising > Campaigns > Manage supporters > Registration form
Step 2 - Then click 'Add New Question'
Step 2 - You can now create your question. Please read below for explanations.
When creating a question for supporters you are able to choose from the five below question types.
- Text field - a text box, text field is a single line input field to enable the user to input text information.
- Text area - a text area can hold an unlimited number of characters. Use this if your participants need to write a considerable amount of text.
- Check boxes - a check box is a square box that can be selected to indicate an answer to a question. Participants can select multiple options.
- Radio buttons - a radio button is a square box that allows the user to choose only one of a predefined answers to your question.
- Dropdown menu - a dropdown menu is a list of items that appear when clicking on a button or text selection. Participants can select a single option.
You are able to create a question that will only display if a previous question is answered in a certain way. For instructions on setting this up please read Creating a linked question.
A mandatory field, meaning your participants must complete the question in order to proceed with their registration.
For help please email firstname.lastname@example.org